Article

UFC Headed to Ontario, Canada

UFC Response to Premier Dalton McGuinty Announcement

Las Vegas, NV (USA) In response to Premier Dalton McGuinty’s announcement that the provincial government will allow regulated mixed martial arts events to take place in Ontario, the UFCÒ is issuing the following statements from UFC Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Lorenzo Fertitta, UFC President Dana White, UFC Director of Canadian Operations Tom Wright and Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner:

"This is a huge moment for the UFC in Canada," said UFC President Dana White. "Premier Dalton McGuinty, Minister Sophia Aggelonitis and Canadian fight fans, thank you for your support. You helped to make this happen and I can't wait to bring big fights and the biggest names in the UFC to Ontario."

“Premier McGuinty’s announcement is exciting news for the UFC,” said Lorenzo Fertitta, UFC Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.  “As evidence by the recent establishment of our Canadian office headed by Tom Wright, Canada is a key part of the UFC’s business.”

“This is an important step forward for the UFC in Canada. I give credit to the Minister of Consumer Services Sophia Aggelonitis and to Premier Dalton McGuinty for their thoughtful analysis,” said Tom Wright, UFC Director of Canadian Operations. “I look forward to working with Minister Aggelonitis and her team to put into place the appropriate regulatory components to make sure there is a level playing field for all athletes.  The UFC is here to stay, for the benefit of the Canadian economy, aspiring athletes and the fight fans.”

"This is fantastic news,” said Marc Ratner, UFC Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs. “I look forward to working with my friend of over 20 years Ontario Athletic Commissioner Ken Hayashi to present UFC events in Ontario on a regular basis.”
 

Sunday, February 1
4AM
CET
Las Vegas, Nevada

Media

Recent
UFC Embedded is an all-access, behind-the-scenes video blog leading up to the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz superfight, taking place Saturday, January 31 on Pay-Per-View.
Jan 29, 2015
Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum, Tyron Woodley, Al Iaquinta, and Joe Lauzon were among the fighters that spoke to the media at the UFC 183 Media Day. Hear from the fighters in these highlights.
Jan 29, 2015
Ian McCall-John Lineker and Ed Herman-Derek Brunson were both previously scheduled bouts that had to be cancelled because of sickness. All four fighters are looking forward to this chance to make up for lost time at UFC 183.
Jan 29, 2015
UFC 183 Ultimate Media Day at the MGM Grand Hotel/Casino on January 29, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photos by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
Jan 29, 2015