Article

Dublin's Holohan to Debut in July

"That stadium is going to be packed and hopefully they’ll all be rooting for me – it’ll be a big moment for me." - Patrick Holohan
Dublin's Patrick Holohan may have fallen short of making it into the Ultimate Fighter 18 house, but on July 19, he will get a second shot at Octagon glory when he makes his UFC debut against Josh Sampo on the UFC Fight Night card being held in his hometown arena, the O2.

“I’m so happy, this is going to be something so special," said Holohan. "That stadium is going to be packed and hopefully they’ll all be rooting for me – it’ll be a big moment for me.”

9-0-1 as a pro, the 26-year-old flyweight has been sidelined since his TUF 18 elimination bout against Josh Hill last year. But with his back injury now a thing of the past, the stablemate of headliner Conor McGregor is ready for battle.

“I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been before," he said. "I thought that injury would be the end of the road for me, but I’m just so appreciative that I can even fight and carry on competing.”

Sampo, 11-3, has won five of his last six, including a November 2013 submission of Ryan Benoit. Holohan doesn't know much about his foe, but he's preparing for the fight of his life.

“I haven’t even seen a picture of the guy, but everyone in the UFC is tough and at a high level. I believe and trust in myself to get the job done.”

Sunday, February 7
4AM
CET
Las Vegas, Nevada

Media

Recent
No. 1-ranked flyweight Joseph Benavidez spoke to UFC correspondent Megan Olivi backstage after his unanimous decision win against No. 8-ranked Zach Makovsky on the FS1 main card of Fight Night Las Vegas.
Feb 6, 2016
UFC Fight Night event inside MGM Grand Garden Arena on February 6, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photos by Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
Feb 6, 2016
Misha Cirkunov, fresh off a submission (rear naked choke) victory over Alex Nicholson on the FS1 prelims of Fight Night Las Vegas, caught up with UFC correspondent Megan Olivi to talk about his big win to stay perfect (2-0) in the UFC.
Feb 6, 2016
Perennial UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping welcomes Anderson Silva back to the Octagon after over a year in the five-round main event at Fight Night London exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS.
Feb 6, 2016